NHI litigates in federal and state courts and before regulatory agencies. We specialize in cases to invigorate regulatory programs that are not achieving their stated purposes of resources protection. In such cases, we seek remedies that will have the practical effect of restoring affected resources while also improving an agency’s capacity and willingness to administer its program effectively. We have substantial expertise in the following laws, implementing rules, and case law:
- Clean Water Act and State counterparts;
- Endangered Species Act and State counterparts;
- Federal Power Act and State public utilities codes;
- California Water and Public Resources Codes;
- National Environmental Policy Act and State counterparts;
- Public trust doctrine; and
- Water rights administration, including both surface and groundwater.